Center Baptist Church was founded on Lowell Bethesda Road on the
Beck Mathaise farm under a shade tree in 1876. Rev. Abe Reid was
the Minister. Later Center Baptist Church was moved from the shade
tree on Beck Mathaise's farm to Lowell Road to a brush arbor on New
Hope Road near the present location. The land was a grant from the
late Mr. Abe Titman. From 1876 to 1959 to 2015, Center Baptist
Church has proclaimed the gospel "the good news" on South New
Hope Road. Center Baptist marched into its newly renovated
sanctuary on Sunday, February 1, 2015 with our Pastor, Dr. Pierre J.
Crawford and family, leading the way. Come be apart of this exciting
time in our history.
Copyright © 2023 Center Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved.